Can You Put Prescription Lenses On Any Frame?
Are my frames suitable for prescription re-lensing?
You're here because you want to know which sunglasses or glasses frames would be best for your new set of prescription lenses. We know a lot about this topic so we'll help you understand it.
The frame shape can have a significant impact on whether we are able to replace lenses. Here are some frames that will support new prescription lenses.
- Semi-Rimless and Rimless
- Sports/Wrap Frames
- Metal frames (with screws to remove lenses)
- Safety goggles (dual-lens)
- Wooden Frames
- Drill Mounts (most styles eligible)
- Clip-on frames / Frames with clip-On
- Vintage frames
We cannot re-lens frame types.
These frame types are not acceptable for replacement lenses.
- Frames with Horn-Rimmed Material (made from horn material).
- Shield Lenses (single, one-piece lens)
- Metal frames without lens release screws